1. SERVICES AND REGISTRATION
1.1 Services. TheMeatly is the creator and owner of the Bendy and the Ink Machine video game franchise (the “BATIM”), including all video games, the App, the BATIM online store and related retail services (collectively, the “Services”).
1.3 Online Store. The BATIM online store is operated and hosted by our third-party partners. Any purchases made through the BATIM online store, which is available through the Website, are subject to additional terms of service and a refund policy (the “Online Store Terms”) which are available for viewing on the online store.
2. USER RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESTRICTIONS
You are responsible for all activity occurring on your Account and for the compliance with these Terms. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, You agree that You will not:
- use the App other than as permitted by these Terms;
- share your login information with any individual;
- use the App or Website to send, store, publish, post, upload or otherwise transmit any information in violation of any laws, rules or regulations including those relating to and privacy, or in violation of any of Your warranties, representations or obligations under these Terms;
- license, sublicense, sell, resell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, time share or otherwise commercially exploit or make the App available to any third party;
- use the App to upload, collect, transmit, store, use or process any information or other data: (i) that You do not have the lawful right to copy, transmit, distribute, and display (ii) for which You do not have the consent or permission from the owner of any personal information contained therein; (iii) that is tortious, defamatory, obscene, or offensive; or (iv) that violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil or criminal liability;
- use the App to send, store, publish, post, upload or otherwise transmit any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, corrupted files or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any systems, data, personal information or property of another;
- continue to use the App in a manner that interferes with or disrupts the integrity or performance of the App following a notice from TheMeatly of such use;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the App or its related systems or networks;
- use or knowingly permit the use of any security testing tools in order to probe, scan or attempt to penetrate or ascertain the security of the App;
- use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
- access the App for the purpose of building a similar or competitive product or service or for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the App;
- use the Website or App to do anything contrary to our Fan Content Policy; or
- copy, translate, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, disassemble, or decompile the App or any part thereof or otherwise attempt to discover any source code or modify the App, except as expressly provided for in these Terms.
TheMeatly reserves the right to terminate, limit, or suspend User access to the App or Website for any User breach of these restrictions or any other violation of any other term of these Terms.
3. BATIM INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND LICENSE
4. USER CONTENT
4.1 User Content. All information, data, text, software, sound, images, graphics, messages or other materials, including personal information (“User Content”) transmitted to the App by Users is the sole responsibility of Users. This means that the User, and not TheMeatly, is entirely responsible for all such material uploaded, transmitted or otherwise made available by using the App and Services. Users are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary consents and making all necessary disclosures required in connection with any and all User content. TheMeatly does not control User Content uploaded to the App and as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. Under no circumstances will TheMeatly be liable in any way for any User Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the viewing or use of any User Content posted, uploaded, transmitted or otherwise made available on the App.
4.3 Feedback. If You provide TheMeatly with any suggestions, comments or other feedback (“Feedback”) relating to the Website, App or Services, TheMeatly may use such Feedback in the website or in any other TheMeatly products or services (collectively, “TheMeatly Offerings”). Accordingly, You agree that: (i) TheMeatly is not subject to any confidentiality obligations in respect to the Feedback, (ii) the Feedback is not confidential or proprietary information of You or any third party and You have all of the necessary rights to disclose the Feedback to TheMeatly, (iii) TheMeatly (including all of its successors and assigns and any successors and assigns of any of the TheMeatly Offerings) may freely use, reproduce, publicize, license, distribute, and otherwise commercialize Feedback in any TheMeatly Offerings; and (iv) You are not entitled to receive any compensation or re-imbursement of any kind from TheMeatly or any of the other users of the Website or App.
5. TERM; TERMINATION
5.2 Effect of Termination. In the event of termination, TheMeatly reserves the right to delete any information in the User Account that it is not required by law to retain.
6. IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS
6.1 Internet Security Disclaimer. You understand that the transmission of User Content is necessary to use of the Services. Therefore, You expressly consent to TheMeatly’s storage of User Content, which will involve transmission over the Internet, and over various networks, only part of which may be owned and/or operated by TheMeatly. TheMeatly is committed to protecting your privacy and we have safeguards in place that comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations relative to storing personal information; however, You acknowledge and understand that User Content may be accessed by unauthorized persons when communicated across the Internet, network communications facilities, or other electronic means. TheMeatly is not responsible for any User Content which is delayed, lost, altered, intercepted or stored during the transmission of any data whatsoever across public networks not owned or operated by TheMeatly, including, the Internet and your local network. You agree that TheMeatly is not in any way responsible for any interference with Your use of or access to the Services or security breaches arising from or attributable to the Internet and You waive any and all claims against TheMeatly in connection therewith.
6.2 DISCLAIMER OF ALL IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS. THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEMEATLY DOES NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR OFFER ANY CONDITIONS THAT: (I) THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE CORRECT, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR COMPLETE; (II) THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE ANN APP WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; (III) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (IV) THIS WEBSITE, APP OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THEMEATLY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, BY USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM DOWNLOADING OR USING ANY SUCH MATERIAL. THEMEATLY DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, PROVIDE ANY CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS, OR ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY ANY THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR IN RESPECT TO ANY WEBSITE THAT CAN BE REACHED FROM A LINK ON THE WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING ON THE WEBSITE, AND THEMEATLY SHALL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY TRANSACTION THAT YOU MAY ENTER INTO WITH ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THEMEATLY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM (I) YOUR USE OF OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE, (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES, (III) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES IN THE MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE, (IV) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR ANY OTHER FILES OR DATA THAT MAY BE HARMFUL TO COMPUTER OR COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT OR DATA THAT MAY HAVE BEEN TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE, OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY EVEN IF THEMEATLY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THEMEATLY’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL OF ANY AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO THEMEATLY IN THE TWO MONTHS PRECEDING THE DATE THAT THE CLAIM WAS FIRST MADE AGAINST THEMEATLY (IF ANY). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENSION PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
9. THIRD PARTY CONTENT
This Website and App may contain advertisements and/or links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by TheMeatly. TheMeatly is not responsible for the content of any linked websites. Any third-party websites or services accessed from the Website are subject to the terms and conditions of those websites and or services and You are responsible for determining those terms and conditions and complying with them. The presence on the website of a link to any non-TheMeatly websites does not imply that TheMeatly endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such websites, and You hereby release TheMeatly from all liability and/damages that may arise from Your use of such websites or receipt of services from any such websites.
10.5 Export. You acknowledges and agrees that the App and Services may be subject to export and import controls under the regulations of Canada, the United States and other countries, and you shall comply with all export and import control regulations of such countries. You shall not use the App or Services for any purposes prohibited by export laws, including, without limitation, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons proliferation. You shall be responsible for procuring all required permissions for any subsequent export, import or use of the App or Services.
10.6 Choice of Law. These Terms and any action related thereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to conflicts of law principles. The Parties hereby irrevocably attorn to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts sitting in Ottawa, Ontario.
10.7 English Language. It is the express wish of the parties that these Terms and all related documents be drawn up in English. C’est la volonté expresse des parties que la présente convention ainsi que les documents qui s’y rattachent soient rédigés en anglais
Last Updated: January 29, 2018.